2016-2017 MILBANK INSTRUMENTAL MUSIC
*FRIDAY, MAY 5--SUMMER LESSON SIGNUP DEADLINE
*THURSDAY, MAY 11 AT 7:30pm--MS SPRING BAND/CHOIR CONCERT
*TUESDAY, MAY 16 AT 7:30pm--HS SPRING BAND/CHOIR CONCERT
*SUNDAY, MAY 21 AT 2pm--MHS GRADUATION: BAND STUDENTS REPORT AT 1pm FOR PRE-CONCERT
*MONDAY, MAY 29 AT 10am--GRADES 7/8 PERFORM AT MEMORIAL DAY PROGRAM
CHECK THESE APPS OUT!
· Piano Dust buster 2 & Piano Dust Buster
· Smule piano
Don't Tap the White Tiles
· Drums free
· Mad pad apple store
· Bass cat & treble cat & rhythm cat
· The note genius-clarinet
· I tunes
· Piano keyboard
· Garage band
· Magic piano and guitar
Music Tutor Free
· VicFirth – for drum students
· The Most Amazing Sheep Game
· Simon's Cat
· Go Go Xylo
· Seuss Band
· Just Practice-keeps data on your
· Piano Tutor- will drill several
notes mixed treble & bass 2 measures of 4 at a time
· ScaleBlitzer - fun ways to drill
· Cleartune - chromatic tuner
· Music Readers: SongBook by makemusic and NoteStar by Yamaha
· Perfect piano
· Guitar: Fret Tester and Kid's Guitar
· Audio Memos-can record yourself then
· Grand Piano
· Music Notes
· Note Smash
· Piano Maestro
· Simply Piano by Joy Tunes
· Piano Tiles
is great for pitch reading. Up to 16 notes per page so you can also read by
intervals. Any key signature.
NoteWorks- scrolls notes
FlashNoteDerby- 1 note at a time, but you control the exact pitches- as little
as 2 (beginners)
NoteSquish- 1 note at a time. (need at least one year of lessons)
Reading Band Instruments:
SightReader (byte3 LLC)
-20 different instruments-only .99 cents for bundle. Has lessons, flashcard drills, rhythm drills, scales,
intervals, arpeggios. (the d of Reader in title has a eighth flag on it)
you purchase by instrument
you tap on a drum on the ipad.
Cat- you tap on drum provided.
You can tap by eighths or sixteenth within the quarter beat. Choice of sounds
and time signatures, it will
record you, you can tune to A440. Goes up to 300 BPM.
SuperMetronome Groovebox- This metronome is a trapset that plays many styles.
You can add your own fills and subdivisions.
Goes to 300 BPM. Great alternative to the ticking sound.
The Best Metronome